Welcome back. Our lawyer is here to talk more about elder care and how you can plan for your future care as you age. While this is something that can be difficult to think about and plan for, it’s better to make decisions and plans now. Our lawyer is here to help you with this. If you have any questions about elder care planning contact our office. We can help with all aspects of estate planning in Cary NC, as well.
Today, we are going to compile a list of documents that should be considered to be included in your estate plan for elder care. These documents will help your loved ones in a time where you may be unable to help yourself.
- Bank information for savings and checking accounts
- Tax returns
- A list of savings bonds
- Deeds to any property
- Titles for cars or other vehicles
- Account statements for IRAs or other brokerage accounts
- Policy information for 401ks or other retirement plans
- A list of any debts from loans or credit cards
- Copy of personal medical history
- Copy of Medicare card, if applicable
- Health insurance policies, including any additional long-term care insurance
Elder law is a branch that covers many different types of legal issues, but it focuses on the needs of senior citizens. Some of the specific topics that an elder care lawyer may cover are listed below. At Klish and Eldreth, PLLC, we can offer guidance in these areas:
- Living wills
- Estate planning in Cary NC
- Asset protection
- Probate and administration of trusts
- Durable power of attorney
- Medicaid claims and appeals
- Social security claims
- Disability claims
- Retirement and pension benefits
- Guardianships or conservatorships
- Long term care placement
- Nursing home issues
- Elder abuse or fraud
If you have questions about hiring an elder care lawyer, we have answers. Give us a call at Klish and Eldreth and speak with an elder care lawyer who knows the needs of senior citizens and their families. We can help make the process easier. Also, be sure to check back with previous blogs to learn more about the various aspects of estate planning. We hope this information gives you the confidence to begin planning without worry. Call now to talk with our lawyers.
Estate planning in Cary NC is an important part of life. Don’t hesitate to begin at any point in your life, once you’ve purchased a home, car or have other assets that you’d like to leave to loved ones after you pass. Call now to talk with our lawyer about estate planning in Cary NC.