Understanding what happens when one finds themselves charged with a DWI can be difficult, confusing, and frightening. Though drinking and driving should never take place, it does happen.
Our DWI lawyer in Raleigh NC understands that mistakes are made.
The outcome of those mistakes can be detrimental, scary, and stressful. Klish and Eldreth DWI lawyers in Raleigh NC, are here to hopefully relieve a bit of stress by helping prepare you for what you can expect, should you find yourself convicted of a DWI in North Carolina.
First, we will take a look at all of the possible outcomes of a DWI charge.
- No Probable Cause
- Not Guilty
- Voluntary Dismissal by Prosecutor
- Dismissal with Leave to Reopen
- Guilty Impaired Driving Combined With Another Charge
- Continued Driving While Impaired
- Aiding and Abetting those Driving While Impaired
- Consuming and Then Driving
- DWI Level 1
- DWI Level 2
- DWI Level 3
- DWI Level 4
- DWI Level 5
- DWI Commercial Vehicle
In addition, there are 5 drinking and driving categories:
- Misdemeanor Aid and Abet Impaired Driving v
- Felony Habitual Impaired Driving
- Misdemeanor Drive After Consuming
- Misdemeanor DWI Commercial Vehicle
- Misdemeanor Driving While Impaired
Drinking and driving, as we've said before, is something that many people make the mistake of doing. In fact, around 50,000 North Carolina citizens were arrested in 2012 for drunk driving. You are not alone. If you've been charged with a DWI in North Carolina and would like to fight the charges, it’s a good idea to hire a Raleigh NC DWI lawyer. To talk with us about legal representation, feel free to contact our law office, Klish and Eldreth, PLLC. We can set up a consultation to talk about the steps that need to take place during this situation.