Welcome back to our three part series offering tips for building a relationship with your attorney in Raleigh NC. Sometimes, working with an attorney means you’re dealing with a sad or difficult time. It is our hope that these tips will help you move forward a little more easily.
Working with Your Attorney in Raleigh NC
Below you’ll find several more tips that will help you get ready for working with an attorney. Building a relationship with them is key in success.
- Communicate – Communication in any relationship is key. Talking with your attorney regularly is, as well. This doesn’t mean you should call them every day. Speaking with them once a week is recommended. If money and payment might be an issue, be sure to talk with your lawyer about it, upfront. This will allow you to work with them on payments and schedule calls, versus just calling whenever you need to speak with them.
- Prepare – Dealing with a legal matter isn’t easy. We know that. It’s difficult and stressful. Be sure to prepare for every possible problem, scenario, paperwork possibilities and more. You can never be too prepared when working with an attorney. Consider collecting all documents that might be needed during this process. Make copies of them and then put the copies, with the originals, in a binder that is organized with labels or tabs. This way, you’ll be able to find anything that might be needed. You can carry this with you, as well, so you’ll have it at all times and won’t have to worry that you’re missing something when your attorney needs it.
- Work with, Not Against – This can be a tough one without realizing what’s happening. Not everyone can easily work with another person in a positive way. This is a learned skill that takes time and effort. Instead of working against your attorney in Raleigh NC, work with them. Consider their advice and talk through any issues you might have with following their suggestions. Try to remain calm and positive throughout this whole experience. You’ll be better off in the long run.
Be sure to visit with other blogs in this series, as well, below:
- Tips for Building a Relationship with Your Lawyer Part 1
- Tips for Building a Relationship with Your Lawyer Part 2
- Tips for Building a Relationship with Your Lawyer Part 3
Klish and Eldreth, PLLC | Attorney in Raleigh NC
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about trademarking or other legal situation. Our attorney in Raleigh NC is here to help you with all your legal matters, whether it be entertainment law, trademarking, copyrighting, or DWI issues.
Also contact us to schedule a consultation if you have yet to start estate planning. It’s never too early to make plans for your wishes upon death. When planning your estate, you may want to consider which assets are subject to probate and which are not so that you can make the best decisions in how you designate heirs. If you need additional help, reach out to our attorney in Raleigh NC to ensure that you are creating the best plan for your situation.