Are you going into the new year with a mindset to grow your small business? If so, there are several ways you can do that! Our small business lawyer in Cary is here to help! Below, you’ll find tips from previous blogs posts that will get you ready for 2018! This recap will not only help you grow but also help you make changes or updates where necessary.
Small Business Tips for 2018! | Cary Small Business Lawyer
- When you first started your business, you may have created a business plan to help keep you on track.
- Whether you have been in operation for one year or 10 years, it is good practice to review that initial plan once a year. Sometimes running a business gets difficult and you lose sight of why you wanted to start your business.
- Reviewing your business plan can help keep you aware of your original goals.
- If your business has changed over the course of a year, you can modify your plan to show the changes.
- Every year you will have a blueprint for how your business is changing and growing.
- Often we are so busy trying to provide the best products and services from our own business that we overlook what the competition is doing.
- Taking time to research your competition is a great New Year’s resolution.
- See what they are getting right and take note of how you can use similar strategies.
- Also note what they are doing that you don’t approve of so that you can ensure you and your employees will not go down that road.
- You are probably already in tax mode when the new year rolls around because you are preparing for the April deadline.
- When you do your taxes, whether on your own or with professional help, look closely for any tax breaks you may be missing so that you can save money next year.
- For instance, are there things you use for work that you are not writing off such as client lunch expenses or mileage for work-related trips?
- Have there been any changes in state or federal law that apply to small businesses or industries such as yours?
- Need help with this one? Contact our small business lawyer in Cary.
- While you are looking at numbers, take the time to review your budget and expenses.
- You may be able to cut costs in the new year in ways that will not affect your business, the quality of your service or product, or the work environment for your employees.
- Do your employees use the bottled water service you pay to have delivered to the office? If not, stop the service.
- It will be a small savings that adds up at the end of the year.
- The money could even be used toward something your employees find more valuable, such as monthly birthday celebrations or appreciation luncheons.
To learn more about small business tips for 2018, visit with our next blog! If you have a small business and need help with legal issues that you want to be resolved before the new year, call Klish & Eldreth. Our small business lawyer in Cary can help!
Are you starting a small business? Get legal support from our small business lawyer in Cary. We can help you get your business off to a strong start by ensuring that your legal needs are met. We’re committed to your success and will do everything within our power to protect your company. In addition to business, consumer and contract laws, we can also handle intellectual property matters such as trademarking and copyrighting.
Klish and Eldreth, PLLC
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about estate planning. Also contact us to schedule a consultation if you have yet to start estate planning. It’s never too early to make plans for your wishes upon death. In addition, our lawyer is here to help you with all your legal matters, whether it be entertainment law, trademarking, copyrighting, or DWI issues.