Probate Lawyer Raleigh NC: Why a Will is Important
In our previous post, we went over wills and what they are. We also went over why wills may be an important document to have. During this post, we will discuss probate and why individuals may need to make a will. A will is something that people may often think of, but perhaps never actually create. It may be important for you to go ahead and start planning your will. Klish & Eldreth, PLLC are probate lawyers in Raleigh NC that can help you get started.
Making sure that your will is valid may be the most important part of the entire will making process. Should a will be invalid according to the court, the will cannot be accepted into probate. Probate is the approval and acceptance by the court of how your assets may be allocated. Probate also includes the payment of a deceased debts and the distribution of his or her property. Be sure to read our previous post, What is a Will? It may give you some insight on how to make a valid will. Below are some reasons as to why you may need a probate lawyer in Raleigh NC to help you create a will as soon as you can.
- You may need it to protect your loved ones’ interests after you are gone.
- Making a will may be the only way that your life’s work and possessions,are passed on to the people you might want to have it.
- A will may offer safety for your relatives, including those that you may be responsible for.
- Your assets may include a home, investments, car, insurance policies, and more.
- A will may help your family receive your assets without any issues.
- With a will, the transfer of property and possessions may be easier, and cause less issues.
- A will may protect your children’s future.
- A will may be needed, should you decide to appoint a guardian to your minor children.
- Should you enter a second marriage, a new will may need to be executed. Be sure to contact Klish and Eldreth for any questions you may have concerning wills and the laws that go along with them.
Understanding wills and when one’s need for them may be confusing and hard to deal with. Be sure to contact Klish and Eldreth today, your Probate Lawyers in Raleigh NC to find out what your options are. They can work with you and may be able to help you draft an appropriate will.