June 15, 2017
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Lawyers Can Help in the Entertainment Industry, Part Four
Hello and welcome back! Over the course of the past few blogs, we’ve been talking about entertainment law and when you might need a lawyer. Today, our attorney in Raleigh NC is ending the series with a recap of information found in the previous articles.
How an Attorney Raleigh NC Can Help Entertainers
Are you thinking of writing a screenplay or hoping to sign a contract to star in your next film? If so, do you have any questions about the legal aspect of these situations? Sometimes, entertainment lawyers are the only people who can help you better understand your next job in the entertainment industry and all of the legalities associated with it.
Within the entertainment industry, there are types of categories our lawyer can help you with. If you have questions, contact us. Here are the categories:
- TV and Radio
- Visual Arts and Design
Depending on your career and what you are responsible for, you may have various needs for a lawyer. Most entertainment lawyers can help with all your legal needs. To learn more, contact us.
If you missed our previous blogs, be sure to visit back with them below for more information.
Do you have questions concerning entertainment and the legalities of this industry? If so, feel free to contact us. We are here to help. Don’t hesitate to call now and set up an appointment for a consultation.
Our attorney in Raleigh NC might also be beneficial in an entertainment career to help with any legal problems that you might encounter along the way. While, it’s our hope that legal issues never arise, in some cases, they may be unavoidable. It might be a good idea to have an entertainment lawyer for those times. Seeking the guidance of an entertainment attorney may help you avoid a greater legal problem in the future.
June 15, 2017
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Lawyers Can Help in the Entertainment Industry, Part Three
Are you interested in learning more about entertainment law and when you might need to hire an attorney to help? If so, we have more information for you. If you missed previous blogs in this series, be sure to visit with them below!
Entertainment Industry | Lawyer Raleigh NC
A lawyer in Raleigh NC can aid when entertainers need help with negotiations for licensing a creative work for use in movies, television, commercials or video games in order to profit from and protect the work or brand. Below, you’ll find even more ways they can help.
- A producer or company might need help when hoping to include someone else’s work within their own. An attorney can help ensure that all laws are followed when negotiating this situation.
- A production company may need the advice of an entertainment attorney when it comes to Screen Actors Guild (SAG) compliance. This group establishes the working conditions and pay for hired actors and musicians.
- Some entertainment attorneys may develop relationships with managers, publicists and studios in order to stay abreast of trends so that they can have a stronger knowledge of industry standards and get the best deals for their clients.
- Entertainment attorneys may also represent clients who have lawsuits or want to pursue a suit against someone. These cases can include copyright infringement, licensing issues, or defamation.
- People in the entertainment industry are susceptible to defamation cases in which someone speaks falsely in order to damage another person’s image.
- If someone has defamed you, or if you are the person being sued for defamation, an entertainment attorney can help you consider all options in every aspect of the industry.
We hope this information helps you better understand entertainment law and when you may need the assistance of a lawyer in Raleigh NC. Call now to learn more.
If you’re interested in speaking with our attorney about entertainment law and other things that go along with it, consider contacting us. We are here to help.
An entertainment attorney could be beneficial for your career. We can help with any legal problems that you might encounter. While, it’s our hope that legal issues never arise, in some cases, they may be unavoidable. Seeking the guidance of our law office may help you avoid a greater legal problem in the future. Call now to make an appointment to speak with our lawyer in Raleigh NC.
June 13, 2017
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Lawyers Can Help in the Entertainment Industry, Part Two
Welcome back. We are here to talk more about entertainment law and how a lawyer can help you with your legal needs in this industry. If you missed our previous blog, visit with it here.
Below, you’ll find ways our Charlotte entertainment lawyer can help you!
- A Charlotte entertainment lawyer can focus on transactional work or can litigate. Depending on your need, you can talk with an attorney about both types of assistance.
- Transactional lawyers focus mainly on contract work. This can include drafting contracts, reviewing existing contracts, and negotiating the details of a contract.
- Depending on the contracts required, lawyers can focus on various types that may be needed in the entertainment business.
- Actors, musicians, writers and producers are all part of the entertainment business. They may all need various types of contract work or assistance. Our lawyer can help with each type.
- Contracts can be reviewed to ensure that industry standards are being met. This helps lawyers better protect their clients.
- An entertainment attorney can help protect the property of an artist through intellectual property law. This includes helping to secure copyrights or trademarks to protect a person’s creative work from being duplicated or reproduced by an unauthorized party.
If you’re interested in learning more about entertainment lawyers and what is included in this type of law, be sure to visit with our next blog post!
Need help from our Charlotte entertainment lawyer? Contact us today. We can help. Also, if you don’t have an estate plan in place or haven’t reviewed yours in several years, now might be the best time to start. Our lawyer is here to help you get your estate planning in order and ready should you pass in an untimely manner or become incapacitated at some point. It’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to an estate plan.
Visit more information about this topic, below:
June 11, 2017
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Lawyers Can Help in the Entertainment Industry, Part One
A Charlotte entertainment attorney can practice both transactional law and litigation, or focus on just one. Depending on their experience, they can help you with one aspect or both. There are many different categories that fall under the overall industry of entertainment. Many of them could require various types of needs when it comes to transactions, contracts, litigation and more.
How a Charlotte Entertainment Attorney Can Help You!
In a previous blog post, we mentioned that some lawyers choose to work solely on drafting and negotiating contracts or business deals, while others may prefer to take cases that involve lawsuits that will need to go to court. Both types of attorneys will need knowledge of the industry and an understanding of the legal issues relating to it.
Below, you’ll find many of the most popular categories that fall under entertainment law. Members of these industries might find that having an entertainment lawyer on hand is necessary at some point throughout their career.
- trade union issues
- software licensing
- video game production
- IT law
- producer and talent agreements
- media, advertising
- author agreements
TV and Radio
- broadcast licensing
- regulatory issues
- co-production agreements
- rental agreements
- consignment issues for artwork
For more information about entertainment law and how a lawyer can help you as an entertainer or employee within one of the categories listed above, contact us. We are here to help.
The Charlotte entertainment attorney at Klish and Eldreth has worked in the industry as a producer, which means that he has firsthand experience dealing with the issues you may have. Give us a call today to see how he can help you, whether you are an artist or a company working in the industry.
More in this series can be found, below:
June 9, 2017
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Estate Planning After Divorce, Part Two
Welcome back. We are here to talk about the situation that many people hope they never have to face. Divorce is something that can be devastating for everyone involved. Especially when children are in the middle. Another topic that many people prefer not to consider is estate planning in Cary NC. However, when divorce happens, revising an estate plan can help your kids in the future.
Estate Planning in Cary NC After Divorce
If you planned your estate distribution and will while you were married, it’s possible your ex-spouse is a beneficiary. It’s also possible that you would like to remove them from your will. When this is the case, meeting with an attorney will help you make updates.
It’s also important to consider a guardian for your child should you pass away or become incapacitated while they are a minor. Most cases leave us with their other parent stepping in with forecast to be. However, there are situations where this may not be possible. This is when naming a guardian can be helpful.
Working with the lawyer and will help you not only make your decision on who the guardian should be but also how to include it in your estate plan. Consider these options and contact our law office to learn more.
If you’re interested in learning more about estate planning in Cary NC after divorce, contact our lawyer. We are here to help you in this situation and more.
An attorney who knows about estate planning in Cary NC will be able to review your situation and provide the best solutions that will meet your needs and will also be legally sound. Our lawyer may also suggest other things that you may not have considered before, such as creating a durable power of attorney or a healthcare directive to give guidance in situations where you may not be able to make decisions on your own anymore.
There are many aspects of an estate plan. Klish and Eldreth, PLLC can talk with you about your situation and help guide you in creating a plan that meets your needs. Contact us, today.