February 15, 2018
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Ways to Avoid Family Disputes in Estate Planning
Most well written wills will pass through the process smoothly, but there are other ways to distribute assets that can avoid probate. You can talk to a lawyer in Raleigh NC about creating joint ownership of property, creating beneficiaries and trusts, and giving away assets while you are alive in order to avoid probate.
Avoiding Family Disputes | Lawyer in Raleigh NC
If you have an estate plan and have not shared the details with your loved ones, it can cause disputes after you are gone, especially if you have made decisions that may surprise your family. Below, you’ll find a recap of previous posts we’ve shared, talking about family disputes over estate planning.
- When your family knows nothing of your plans and just assumes that things will be divided among them evenly, they will be shocked to learn that you decided to go a different route.
- Some children may think that you will give more to the ones who have less, and may be surprised to find out that you did divide things up evenly.
- Either way, you may want to explain your choices beforehand so there will be no surprises later on.
- It is your prerogative to decide how you want your assets to be distributed and if you want to disclose it now, but if you want to avoid those fights after you are gone, it may be best to make your choices known and give your reasons behind them.
- If you do decide to explain your choices to your family, remember that they do not have to agree with you.
- In some cases, they may not, but at least they will be able to ask why you made certain choices.
- We would like to believe that people would not become upset over material things, but it does happen.
If you’re interested in learning more about family disputes and how you might be able to avoid them in the event of your passing, visit back soon. Our next blog will have more information.
Klish and Eldreth | Lawyer in Raleigh NC
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about estate planning. Also contact our estate planning attorney in Raleigh NC to schedule a consultation if you have yet to start estate planning. It’s never too early to make plans for your wishes upon death. In addition, our estate lawyer in Raleigh NC is here to help you with all your legal matters, whether it be estate planning, trademarking, copyrighting, or DWI issues.
February 13, 2018
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Tips for Starting Your Small Business, Part Three
Are you thinking of starting your own business? If so, congrats! This will be an exciting time. It will also be one that is complicated, time-consuming and stressful. However, it doesn’t have to be too difficult. Working with an attorney in Raleigh NC can help you get all tasks done correctly and within a timely manner. If you’re ready to start diving into the planning and organizing stages of opening a business, consider the following tips!
Startup Tips for Your Business | Attorney in Raleigh NC
Over the course of the past few blogs, we have talked in detail about the steps to opening a business. Today, we continue with more tips that can help. Anytime you have a question during this article or have additional questions that weren’t answered here, contact us.
- Whether you choose to have a brick-and-mortar business or online store, you will need business cards. As a business owner, you will be networking everywhere you go. Your business cards will give you a chance to spread the word about your business, as well as give you credibility within the working world.
- Starting a business bank account can be a very time-consuming process. However, it’s important to make sure you open an account specifically for business so that you won’t have to use your personal bank account for finances.
- Once you open your business bank account, think about an accounting system. Will you be hiring someone to do your bookkeeping or will you choose to use a program like QuickBooks? Whatever you choose, it’s important to get this thing sorted out, now.
- If you will be hiring employees, take time to write out responsibilities for each worker. Also be sure to write out employee regulations and guidelines.
- If you will be working with a partner, it’s important to draw up a partnership agreement. This can be done by working with your attorney. Without your agreement, it will be difficult to decide who is responsible for what, as well as profit sharing. For your business is open and ready for customers, have your partnership agreement in place.
Are you ready to get started on the startup of your new business venture? Contact us now! We will walk you through all the steps, from beginning to end.
Klish and Eldreth | Attorney in Raleigh NC
Our attorney in Raleigh NC is here to help you with all your small business needs. Whether you’re starting a new venture or making changes to an existing company, we can help with legal situations. Contact us to make an appointment!
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about estate planning. Also, contact our attorney in Raleigh NC to schedule a consultation if you have yet to start estate planning. It’s never too early to make plans for your wishes upon death. In addition, our lawyer is here to help you with all your legal matters, whether it be estate planning, divorce, child custody, trademarking, copyrighting, or DWI issues.
We know how stressful it is to start your own business. With all the various steps and decisions to make, you shouldn’t have to worry about paperwork, contracts and other documents that may be needed. Contact our attorney in Raleigh NC for help with this. Also, be sure to visit each blog in this series, below for additional tips when starting a business:
February 9, 2018
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Tips for Starting Your Small Business, Part Two
Welcome back. Our attorney in Cary NC is here to talk more about small business startup. We will offer you a few tips on getting necessary items checked off your startup list. We know how challenging this time can be. Working towards owning your own business is very rewarding but can be difficult and stressful at times. That’s why our attorney in Cary NC is here to help. Call us with any questions you may have about information you find here.
Startup Tips | Attorney in Cary NC
- In our previous blog, we left off with choosing a business name. Once you’ve chosen a business name, it’s time to think about registering your domain name. Most businesses have a website, even if it’s a free hosting site that is used. Either way, make sure your domain name matches your business name in some way.
- The next is to consider your legal structure. Will you be an LLC, PLLC, corporation or sole proprietorship? This is something that can be confusing and difficult to understand. Work with your attorney to help. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time.
- Employer identification numbers will be the one thing that makes your business separate from yourself. The EIN keeps you from having to use your Social Security number in situations where business banks and other organizations need a proof of identity need a proof of identity. It’s also helps cut down on identity theft for yourself, as well.
- Have you checked into whether or not you need a business license? Some industries require this. Be sure to check with the SBA in order to find out whether or not your type of business will require a license. This could be something that is issued at a state level or local level, depending on your industry. In some cases, you may need a permit. Be sure to check that, as well. Our attorney in Cary NC can help you with this.
- You may need customer contract forms at some point during your venture. These contracts will be useful for various different reasons. Your attorney can help you create the forms and help you decide which ones may be necessary for your business.
- Do you have a space in mind for your brick-and-mortar business? Will you be running your business online, only? These are questions you may have already answered within your initial planning stages and creation of your business plan. However, if you were planning to have a brick-and-mortar business, now is the time to find your space. If you choose to have an online store, be sure to set up your website and social media profiles, as well.
Have these tips helped you with the overall beginning stages of a business startup? We know how challenging this task can be. However, when you think of the benefit you’ll gain from becoming a business owner, it’s all worthwhile! If you have any questions about these tips please feel free to contact our attorney in Cary NC. Also, be sure to visit our next blog for even more tips that can help.
Klish and Eldreth, PLLC
Our attorney in Cary NC is here to help you with all your small business needs. Whether you’re starting a new venture or making changes to an existing company, we can help with legal situations. Contact us to make an appointment!
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about estate planning. Also contact our attorney in Cary NC to schedule a consultation if you have yet to start estate planning. It’s never too early to make plans for your wishes upon death. In addition, our lawyer is here to help you with all your legal matters, whether it be estate planning, divorce, child custody, trademarking, copyrighting, or DWI issues.
We know how stressful it is to start your own business. With all the various steps and decisions to make, you shouldn’t have to worry about paperwork, contracts and other documents that may be needed. Contact our attorney for help with this. Also, be sure to visit each blog in this series, below for additional tips when starting a business:
February 5, 2018
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Tips for Starting Your Small Business, Part One
Are you thinking of starting a business in 2018 and have no idea where to begin? Don’t worry, our lawyers are here to help. There is an easy way to get started with the startup of the business. Even though it can seem overwhelming and confusing, sticking with the guidelines you’ll find in this blog post, as well as our next one, you should be able to get started with little to no complications. Keep in mind, our lawyer in Cary NC is here to walk you through every step of the way.
Startup Tips for Small Business | Lawyer in Cary NC
First things first, it’s important to nail down exactly what type of business you plan to open. Think this through. Will you be offering goods or services? And some cases, you may consider offering both. Whatever you choose, be sure to have this planned nail down before meeting with your lawyer.
- Before you begin anything, it’s important to be honest with yourself and your potential business idea. Will you be able to make money doing this long-term? Will people be interested in what you have to offer them? It’s important to make sure the viability of your business is there before moving on to other parts of starting a business.
- Once you determine viability, it’s important to start creating a plan for your business. Many times, business plans are not something that gets much thought. However, a business plan will be a great way to dig into details, project financial needs, as well as give you time to sort through options, information and ideas.
- After you’ve created your business plan, think about finances in terms of what you’ll need to use for living expenses, keeping the business going, as well as if you need a business loan.
- Do you have support from friends and family? This is an essential part of a business startup. You may need individuals on your side to help you through the tough times. Morning operating the business is very complicated and overwhelming. The startup of this business is even more difficult and stressful. When you have friends and family behind you, you’ll be able to lean on them when things are challenging.
- Next, consider a name for your business. This too will be important. While you don’t have to plan immediately for the name, it is a good idea to go ahead and have an idea were several ideas. You’ll need to register your business name at some point after you’ve chosen what it will be. Our lawyer in Cary NC can help you with this step of business startup.
We hope these tips help you with your business startup! It’s a long, complicated road that will be worthwhile in the end. Stick with it. And don’t hesitate to contact our lawyer in Cary NC for help. We are here for you when you need legal advice. To learn more about business startup and what you may need, visit our next blog. There, you’ll learn more!
Klish and Eldreth, PLLC | Lawyer Cary NC
Klish and Eldreth, PLLC is a law firm that can help you with all your legal issues. From estate planning to small business startup and more, we are here to help. Our lawyer in Cary NC will work with you every step of the way. If you’re not sure whether or not you need a lawyer, we can help you decide. Contact us now to learn more about all of our legal services.
We know how stressful it is to start your own business. With all the various steps and decisions to make, you shouldn’t have to worry about paperwork, contracts and other documents that may be needed. Contact our lawyer in Cary NC for help with this. Also, be sure to visit each blog in this series, below for additional tips when starting a business:
February 1, 2018
by Raleigh Lawyer
Comments Off on Is It Too Late to Start Estate Planning?
For years and years, we work day in and day out. Many of us cannot wait until retirement. Even those who love their jobs, being able to make a permanent move to a retirement is celebrated. After all, after years of working continuously, it’s time for a break. Most people believe that retirement year our golden years.There are no set schedules, no bosses, rules or regulations. We are free to do what we please, whenever we decide. However, there’s one thing that you may have been avoiding until now. Estate Planning in Raleigh NC. No matter what age you are, it’s never too late to start.
Is It Too Late for Estate Planning in Raleigh NC?
Estate planning in Raleigh NC is something that many people do in their younger years. Unfortunately, others choose to put it aside until they are retired or later. It’s important to understand that a estate planning is recommended for anyone who owns property or assets. This includes those who are retired or no longer work.
Have you been putting off estate planning? If so, now is a great time to start. Even if you think you’re too old or have waited too long, you’re still able to work out your plan. Meeting with a lawyer is often the first step. During your time spent with the lawyer, you’ll be able to make a list of all assets and property, discuss finances and beneficiaries. Our lawyer will help you with all of the planning processes from beginning to end. You won’t have to sift through confusing documents and information alone. Working with our lawyer will be a great way to get things started on the right foot. Many times, people think they can estate plan on their own. While that is true, it can be very difficult, complicated in more ways than one and very confusing. There’s no reason you should have to deal with the situation on your own. Our help can make things easier and less confusing.
It’s never too late to start estate planning in Raleigh NC. The information you find above is a short answer to the question is it too late? To learn more about whether or not it’s too late to begin a state planning be sure to visit back with us during our next blog post. Thre you will find more information and helpful tips from our lawyer about estate planning in Raleigh NC, no matter what age you are.
An estate planning attorney who knows about estate planning in Raleigh NC will be able to review your situation and provide the best solutions that will meet your needs and will also be legally sound. Your attorney may also suggest other things that you may not have considered before, such as creating a durable power of attorney or a healthcare directive to give guidance in situations where you may not be able to make decisions on your own anymore. There are many facets to an estate plan. Klish and Eldreth can talk with you about your situation and help guide you in creating a plan that meets your needs. Contact us, today.