Hello, and welcome back to our final blog post in a series that covers all aspects of estate planning for beginners. Our probate lawyer in Cary NC knows how stressful this process can be in at first. Making sure you include everything and appoint guardians, beneficiaries and more can be overwhelming. That's why we've put together this quick recap for you. If you have questions throughout this quick list be sure to contact our office.
Estate Planning Checklist For Beginners | Probate Lawyer in Cary NC
Certificate Information Needed:
Account Information Needed:
- Bank Account
- Mutual Fund Account
- Debit Card (pin number, cancellation information)
- Safety Deposit
Payment Information and Other Important Information:
- Insurance policies
- Real estate deeds
- Retirement Plan, IRA, or 401k
- Utility Bills
- Taxes (paid or unpaid)
- Funeral (plans and arrangements)
- Funeral Expenses (payment plans)
We hope you've learned important information over the course of this blog series. Being a beginner estate planner can be quite overwhelming and stressful. That's why our probate lawyer in Cary NC are here. We can help you with each step of the overall process.
To learn more about estate planning and essential parts that should be considered to be included, be sure to visit back with other blogs in the series. You’ll learn about trusts, wills, powers of attorney, guardians and more.
- Estate Planning Checklist for Beginners, Part One
- Estate Planning Checklist for Beginners, Part Two
- Estate Planning Checklist for Beginners, Part Three
- Estate Planning Checklist for Beginners, Part Four
- Estate Planning Checklist for Beginners, Part Five
- Estate Planning Checklist for Beginners, Part Six
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about your current estate plan. Also, feel free to contact our office to schedule a consultation with us if you are looking for a probate lawyer in Cary NC. We are here to help you with all your legal matters, whether it be small business, trademarking, copyrighting, or DWI issues.