Do I Need A Divorce Lawyer in Raleigh NC?
Are you and your spouse considering a separation and you aren’t sure if you need a divorce lawyer in Raleigh NC? The answer to this questions lies within your personal preference. There is no law that states you have to hire a lawyer to help with a divorce proceeding, but it is a good idea to consider it.
Going through a divorce is a very difficult and emotional time. If children are involved, things become even more complicated and stressful. Below, you’ll find several reasons why you might consider hiring a divorce lawyer in Raleigh NC, instead of representing yourself.
Consider Hiring a Divorce Lawyer in Raleigh NC If:
- A criminal record is involved for either party
- You or your partner has been accused of domestic violence, child neglect, abandonment or child abuse
- Your spouse suffers from untreated mental illness
- There is a physical disability or other health issue inhibiting your spouse’s ability to care for your children
- Alcohol or drug abuse is a concern for either party
- You or your spouse has been accused of poor parenting skills or judgment
It's important to understand, if a spouse believes that the separation and divorce will be hostile and difficult, it may be best to first contact a divorce lawyer in Raleigh NC, before approaching the other spouse about a separation. This way, a lawyer may provide useful information and a plan that will assist the client in the divorce process. If you’re unsure of whether you need to speak to a lawyer, please feel free to contact Klish & Eldreth, PLLC.
For more information that might help you decide if you need a divorce lawyer in Raleigh NC, visit back with our next blog post, soon!
Klish and Eldreth, PLLC | Divorce Lawyer in Raleigh NC
If you’re ready to meet with a divorce lawyer in Raleigh NC concerning your decision to divorce, feel free to contact Klish and Eldreth, PLLC. We are here to help you, every step of the way during this difficult time. To schedule a consultation, contact us today.
Also feel free to contact us regarding other legal situations you might find yourself in. We offer legal help with estate planning, DWI issues, trademarking and copyrighting.